Last Updated: Janurary 01, 2023
WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED?
Our Site collect various information about you, including information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. In particular, the Site may have collected the following categories of information from consumers within the last 12 months:
(A) Identifiers – An online identifier, Internet Protocol address, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Internet or other similar network activity – search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
(C) Inferences drawn from other personal information – Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
(D) Geolocation data – Physical location.
StoneToss does not collect information that consists of:
- Sensitive personal information such as social security numbers, driver’s license numbers, bank account numbers, or other similar information.
- Protected classification characteristics such as race, color, ancestry, national origin, or similar immutable characteristics.
- Biometric information such as genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics.
- Sensory data such as audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information from consumers.
- Non-public education information.
StoneToss obtains the categories of information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or products and services you purchase.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Site.
- Social media companies when you link your account to our Site.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION COLLECTED?
We may receive information, including information about you from other sources, such as publicly available sources, if you log in through social media platforms or other third-party data providers, such as analytics, audience identification, and demographics providers, and combine that with information we receive from you.
If you use a device with Global Positioning System (“GPS”) or other location detection functionality, then we may collect precise information about the location of your device during your use of the Site.
HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED BY STONETOSS?
StoneToss may use information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information or ask a question about our products or services, we will use that information to respond to your inquiry.
- To attempt to detect and reduce fraud and other illegal activities or threats to the safety, security, or integrity of the Site;
- To provide, support, personalize, and develop our Site, products, and services;
- To personalize your experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Site, third-party sites, and via email (with your consent, where required by law);
- To provide a seamless experience across multiple devices, platforms or browsers for each user;
- To send periodic messages, via mobile, twitter, email, or other platforms, with content updates, subscription information, and order information;
- To offer special contests or promotions that are sponsored by StoneToss or another company;
- To fulfill or complete any other purpose or function described to you when collecting your information.
WHO DOES STONETOSS SHARE INFORMATION WITH?
Subject to applicable law, we share your information with our affiliates, suppliers, vendors, and/or their agents and employees for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. As examples, we may share your personal information or other data (A) with third parties assisting us in the provision, administration, and management of goods and services generally; (B) with third parties that assist us in providing goods and services that you request; (C) with third parties that support our business operations or provide marketing or advertising services on our behalf, including marketing, technical, accounting, legal or other professionals; and (D) as otherwise required or permitted by law or approved by you. We may use your information for our general business operations and goods and services provided by us if it is in a form that is not capable of being personally identified with you (including hashed email addresses as described below or other persistent identifiers) or if it is combined with information from one or more other customers in aggregate form that does not personally identify any particular customer. We may also sell, license or otherwise provide such de-identified or aggregated data to third parties.
We allow certain companies to place tracking technologies like cookies and pixels on our Site, which allow those companies to receive information about your activity on our Site that is associated with your browser or device. The companies may use that data to serve you more relevant ads on our Site or other websites. In the preceding 12 months, StoneToss has permitted collection by third parties or disclosed the following categories of information for a business purpose, generally in connection with such online advertising: (A) Identifiers; (B) Internet or other similar network activity; and (D) Geolocation data. Under some state laws, sharing data for online advertising like this may be considered a “sale” of information. Except for this kind of sharing or in connection with a corporate transaction as mentioned below, StoneToss doesn’t sell your personal information.
WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS TO CONTROL THE USE OF MY INFORMATION?
Location Sharing Opt-Out
You may opt-out of allowing us to have any access to your precise location data by disabling your device’s location detection functionality or GPS or, if possible on your device, disabling permission for our Site to access such location detection functionality or GPS.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that StoneToss disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights), we will, to the extent required by applicable law, disclose specific information about what information we have collected, the sources we collected information from, our business purpose in collecting information, who we shared information with, the specific pieces of information we collected about you (also called a data portability request), and any sales or disclosures for a business purpose of your information.
Deletion Request Rights
If you are a California resident, you may request that StoneToss delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is permitted under applicable law. You should also be aware that deleting certain information may impact your ability to receive certain services from StoneToss including newsletters, accounts, subscriptions, etc.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above as permitted under state law, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by emailing: [email protected].
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must: (A) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative; and (B) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. If applicable, any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
The Site is based in the United States, and are directed to U.S. residents, and we process and store information in the U.S. If you are located outside the U.S., we and our service providers may transfer your information to, or store or access to your information in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
CHILDREN’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Site are general audience sites and are not directed to children under the age of 18. StoneToss respects the privacy of parents and children and is committed to complying with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and applicable state law.
STONETOSS’S DATA SECURITY DISCLAIMER.
We do not provide any guarantee or warranty by us that your information will not be accessed or compromised by third parties, or that we will use all available security technologies to prevent unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure of your personally identifying information; or that your information will be transmitted without unauthorized interception or modification. We may permanently delete or destroy any and all information at any time as determined by us.
EUROPEAN UNION / GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (“GDPR”)
If you are located within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws to the GDPR, StoneToss provides such users the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information;
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or to place restrictions on processing your information;
- the right to object to the processing of your information (e.g., for direct marketing purposes);
- the right to have information you directly provided to us provided to you in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format;
- wherein the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions;
- the right to object to any decisions that have significant legal effect based on the automated processing of your information, including profiling; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters.
Certain data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Consent: Wherein you have provided consent in accordance with applicable law to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to send you email, text, and/or telephone marketing.
- Performance of a contract: Wherein we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it, such as when you buy products and services through the Site.
- Legal obligation: Where necessary so that we can comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority.
- Legitimate interests: Wherein it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not unduly impact your rights). We consider our legitimate interests to be operating the Site and facilitating the services we provide to users. For example, to:
- understand how people choose/use our services and products;
- determine the effectiveness of our services, promotional campaigns, and advertising;
- monitor whom we deal with to protect against fraud, money laundering, and other risks
- enhance, modify, personalize, or otherwise improve our services / communications for the benefit of our customers; and
- better understand how people interact with the Site.
When we process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative) and your rights under data protection laws. We will not use your personal information where our interests are overridden by the impact on you.
Due to the nature and location of our business in the United States, your personal data will be disclosed and others as outlined herein outside of the EEA, including in the United States. It may also be processed by our employees or suppliers operating outside the EEA.
If you are in the EEA, we provide adequate protection for the transfer of your personal data to countries outside of the EEA through a series of intercompany agreements based on the Standard Contractual Clauses authorized under EU law or equivalent measures. A copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses is available here: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/data-transfers-outside-eu/model-contracts-transfer-personal-data-third-countries_en.
COOKIES, ADVERTISEMENTS AND THIRD PARTY WEBSITES